At QoS Networking, you will gain the broadest knowledge in IT. Once you are part of the QoS team, you will be assigned to work with one or two of the four customers listed below.
You will work as a Tier 3 network engineer to help build a new Cisco data center for the largest enterprise network in the Albany area. You will assist in merging of multiple enterprise networks into a single enterprise network.
During the enterprise mergers, and the building of the new data center, you will create network upgrade and migration plans and create network maps using bitB Dynamic Network Mapping software.
Work primarily with Cisco equipment. The specific product lines are Cisco Nexus 7ks, ASA security appliances, Firepower NGFW appliances, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Catalyst 3850 and 9300 Layer 3 switches and Cisco 8540 Wireless Lan Controllers.
The enterprise has one of the largest Wireless networks with over one thousand APs.
The data center design includes the latest Cisco Nexus platforms and Cisco Security products.
You will work as a Tier 3 network engineer to support a multi-location healthcare provider. In addition to supporting the network you will upgrade and build-out the Enterprise LAN, WAN, Data Center and DR networks. This customer is a cloud-first company. In addition to the on-prem data center you will build and support network services in Azure Cloud.
Work with Cisco and F5 equipment. The specific product lines are Cisco Nexus 9ks, ASA security appliances, Firepower NGFW appliances, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Catalyst 9300 Layer 3 switches. There is a large Cisco Meraki wireless network.
You will work as a Tier 3 network engineer to support a large NYS agency. The data center is primarily Cisco NX-OS switches and Cisco IOS routers and newly implemented Palo Alto firewalls.
The specific product lines supported are the Cisco Nexus 7ks, 9ks, Catalyst 3850 Layer 3 switches and Palo Alto 5220 NGFW appliances. There is a large Cisco Meraki wireless network.
Customer #4 – Position Description
You will work as a Tier 3 network engineer with the network operations team supporting the largest data center in upstate New York. The Tier 3 engineer is escalation for the Tier 2 engineers. The Tier 3 engineer has an advanced skill set allowing for rapid restoration of issues. You will work with Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto and F5 network and security products. The specific product lines supported are the Cisco ASA security appliances, Firepower IPS, Nexus 7k and Catalyst 6500s and 3850s. And Arista Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches configured to use VxLAN. For F5, there is the Viprion Application Delivery Controller and the GTM. As a Tier 3 network engineer, you will lead data center projects.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree and 8 Years’ Experience
- The candidate must have advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues and provide restoration of issues.
- Substitution: Minimum 10 Years’ Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Salary based on experience
- Aggressive pay raises and promotions
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K with employer matching
- 15 days personal/vacation time
- Scheduled training classes to reinforce your networking knowledge foundation
- Reimbursements for training and learning material and certification tests
- Free training to help prepare for certifications
- Yearly and project-based bonuses
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below. Please note:
- Cover letter, including salary expectations
- Resume, including a career summary that qualifies you for this position